what a fantastic lid!
Simple Steps to High Acidic Foods The delicious high-acid menu includes options ranging from sweet to savory. Fruits, juices, jams, jellies, and other fruit spreads,sauces, most tomatoes, pickles, dressings, chutneys, sauces,
vinegars, and dressings are all items that are safely preserved
using the water bath canning method. Because these common foods
contain high amounts of acid,or the recipe has the correct acid
balance, water bath canning is the recommended method. Double check the necessary supplies: Bath jar or large, deep saucepan with lid and shelf.Glass
preservation jars, lids and tape (always start with a new lid)
Common kitchen utensils such as wooden spoons, soup spoons and
paringknives High-quality ingredients (fresh fruits and vegetables)Tank Lift household canning funnel Bubble Releaser and Headspace Tool Check recipes and instructions. Prep guide, jar size, preservation
method and processing time. Water Bath Canning Craft - You Can Do It! 1. Add at least half of the water to the water bath. Cover and
keep on ow heat
(180 F) until the jar is full, then place in the jar.
that the jar, lid and strap are working properly. Jars with nicks,
cracks,uneven edges, or sharp edges may prevent the seal or cause
the jar to crack. The bottom surface of the lid should not have
scratches oruneven or incomplete sealant, as this may interfere
with sealing.The strap should fit the jar. Wash everything in
hot soapy waterand dry
Kimchi Blend: Special spice blend for crispier pickles. Available in bread and butter and kosher dill varieties.
Fiesta Salsa Mix: Add tomatoes and make mild, medium or hot.
RealFruit Pectin: Used to make homemade jams and jellies. Available in classic, liquid, low or no sugar and instant no-cook varieties.
5. Use the Jar Lifter to remove the preheated jar. Use the jar funnel to fill the jars with the prepared food at a time, and the headspace is recommended in the recipe. If instructed in the recipe, remove air bubbles by sliding a bubble remover and headspace tool or rubber spatula between the jar and the food to release trapped air. Repeat 2-3 times around the jar. For a successful seal, you need the right amount of space between the food and the rim of the jar.
6. Wipe the rim and threads of the jar with a clean damp cloth to remove any food residue. Center lid on the jar, allowing the sealant to touch the rim of the jar. Apply the band and adjust until it fits the fingertips. Put the jar in the can. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all jars are full. Make sure the water covers the jar by 1-2 inches.
7. Put the lid on the water bath jar and bring the water to a boil. Start processing time.
8. After the time specified in the test recipe in boiling water is complete, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. to allow the jar to acclimate to the outside temperature in a static can.
9. Lift the jar out of the can and onto the sealing tape. This will be blocked when the jar is set due to direct blocking. Let the jar sit 12 24 to. Do not re-tighten the process as this may interfere.
10. If the lid cannot be sealed. 24 When the lid is opened correctly, if the lid does not seal. Product Description. When using dark glass lids according to our food instructions, clean canning jars and lids, affix and store in a cool place, labeled 18 months.